1. The client acknowledges he/she has obtained all rights and permissions to publish materials to be used in the project and shall be solely responsible for the materials and the validity of copyrights, trademarks and ownership claimed by the client. Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend StarBookCovers.com and its employees from any and all libel and copyright and permission infringement action resulting from materials client provides. The book material client provides must not be a public domain work (unless client is the original author).
2. All client information and materials are considered confidential and only for use by StarBookCovers.com to provide a quote or complete a project. Client information and project materials will not be given out or shared with any third party, unless otherwise requested by the client.
COVER DESIGN SERVICES
3. StarBookCovers.com’s fee for design of an eBook and print book cover includes the following:
- A complete paperback book cover design and layout of the front, back and spine. Client must supply StarBookCovers.com with printer’s template/specifications or written specs.
- A high-resolution (300 DPI), print-ready image.
- A lower-resolution (72 DPI) jpeg file formatted for use as an e-book cover.
- Purchases of stock images for use in the book cover design. (If client has specific image requests, additional charges will apply.)
- Digital delivery of the included cover files.
4. The book cover design service does not include original artwork or illustrations, copywriting or text editing services, ISBN bar code (This will need to be provided to StarBookCovers.com by client) or anything else not specified in the included list above.
5. StarBookCovers.com retains the right to use client’s name and book title on StarBookCover’s website and to market and promote our services.
6. Upon receipt of full payment, StarBookCovers.com grants the client exclusive license to use the final cover design artwork (PDF, JPEG or other publishing-ready format) for his/her book and/or e-book cover.
7. The client understands that he/she has no right to alter the final cover design in any way except to change size for printing or digital display. If the client desires any alterations, he/she will consult StarBookCovers.com. The client understands that additional payments will be required to make these alterations.
8. The client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by StarBookCovers.com through a third-party image provider for use in client’s book cover design. The cost of cover design includes the license to use these images and is limited to a print run of 500,000 units. For books with a print run over 500,000, additional licensing fees will apply, which the client agrees to pay to StarBookCovers.com. Images used for client’s cover are royalty-free; however, the photographer owns the copyright to those photographs and they cannot be distributed in any manner other than in the book cover design.
9. StarBookCovers.com retains the right to use client’s final book cover design, name, and book title in StarBookCover.com’s portfolio and to market and promote our services. StarBookCovers.com retains copyright and ownership of all design and draft materials.
10. If the client supplies StarBookCovers.com with materials subject to intellectual property rights by a third-party, the client will secure the appropriate rights to use the materials before directing the designer to incorporate them into his/her project. Should any intellectual property dispute arise involving materials the client provides, the client assumes full legal and financial responsibility.
11. StarBookCovers.com requires cover design credit appear in client’s book (either on the back cover or on the copyright page) as such: “Cover design by StarBookCovers.com.”
12. Client is fully responsible for proofing the book cover design provided by StarBookCovers.com. It is strongly suggested that client requests a proof from the printer before publishing or ordering any copies of the book. At no time will StarBookCovers.com be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by client as a result of using the book cover design.
13. StarBookCovers.com is not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including loss of revenues or profits, loss of business or reputation, or loss of data, in any way related to our services. StarBookCovers.com is not responsible for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or any other inaccuracies appearing on our site or in our clients’ written documents, including without limitation as a result of any breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
14. Client agrees to pay an initial deposit of 30% ($74) via PayPal, of the total cost ($249) before work will begin on the project. The remaining balance is due upon approval of final book cover design, and will be paid via PayPal. StarBookCovers.com will not release finished files to the client or other parties until final payment has been received. The final payment is also final approval of the project, and this contract will be considered fulfilled and thus, terminated. StarBookCovers.com retains the right to discontinue, withhold, or suspend services for any account should payments not be paid for a contracted job in the order specified in this agreement.
15. The client or StarBookCovers.com may cancel this agreement at any time by providing written notice to the other party. If either client or StarBookCovers.com cancels a project before work has started, neither the client nor StarBookCovers.com is under further obligation to the other, and this contract will be considered cancelled.
16. If the client should stop or cancel a book cover design job once it has started, the client agrees to forfeit 30% of the project total sum. This is to cover resources and time taken during the project up to the point of cancellation. The client will have no rights to any mockups sent to the client and agrees to destroy them.
17. This agreement is the entire agreement of all parties. No additional promises or conditions, written or oral, apply to this agreement that are not included herein.
MODIFICATION OF AGREEMENT
18. Modification of any provisions of this agreement is not valid and enforceable unless confirmed in writing and signed by all parties either in hardcopy or by e‐signature.
19. The finding of any provision of this agreement to be invalid or unenforceable does not render the remaining provisions invalid or unenforceable.